The Preschool Floater/Breaker assists and supports administration and classrooms by serving as a support while Preschool teachers and Preschool Assistants take breaks. The Floater/Breaker provides a stimulating, safe and developmentally appropriate learning environment where Preschool students have the ability to develop cognitive, social-emotional, spiritual and physical skills in a Christ-centered environment. This part-time position reports directly to the Director of The Preschool. The Preschool Floater/Breaker works August through May and various weekdays, 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m., Monday-Friday at a rate of $12.50-$15/hour, depending on education and professional experience. Summer hours may be available and determined according to program needs.
Model a growing and vibrant relationship with Christ
- Pursue full devotion to Christ and live the life we are inviting others to live
- Manifest the fruit of the Spirit in work habits and relationships
- Pursue spiritual growth through community and daily devotions
- Embody other-centered, servant-leadership in all interactions
Demonstrate commitment to Cherry Hills Christian School
Be an active, engaged member of the CHC school community
Uphold a safe environment
- Work closely with the Director of The Preschool and The Preschool Office Manager to meet the demands of the day, which may be unexpected
- Serve as the Teacher or Teacher Assistant as required, including ensuring safety of all students; supervising all learning activities; facilitating small-group learning; helping children transition from one activity to another; assisting other classroom staff members with positive and age-appropriate classroom management and discipline procedures.
- Ensure safety of all students
- Give Teachers and Teaching Assistants breaks, as needed, while maintaining consistency of schedule for children
- Assist with setup of the playground and/or gym
- Gathering and distributing supplies to classrooms
- Attend all staff meetings, staff in-service events and special events as required by The Preschool Director
- While not in the classroom, and if schedule allows, assist The Preschool Office Manager with assigned tasks
Cultivate positive relationships with children, families and colleagues
- Connect relationally and build rapport with children and staff/adults
- Excellent communication skills
- Pray for the children and families you serve
Promote and protect health and safety
- Help maintain Preschool classrooms and spaces in a neat and orderly fashion and in partnership with Cherry Hills Community Church
- Follow Colorado state regulations regarding health, safety and incidents of abuse and neglect
- Perform other duties as assigned
Model servant leadership and exhibit a helpful, joyful attitude
Partner with the Administrative Staff to plan and deliver safe transportation services for our Preschool-Grade 8 students
Director of The Preschool: The Floater/Breaker reports directly to the Director of The Preschool. He/she will be expected to be coachable, available and responsive while striving for a healthy Christ-like relationship characterized by love, truth and unity. The Floater/Breaker should comply in a godly and humble manner with all efforts from CHC to evaluate, train, equip and develop him/her as a staff member.
Administrative Staff: The Floater/Breaker should collaborate with other Administrative Staff as a resource and partner.
Teachers and Teacher Assistants The Floater/Breaker should embody and exhibit great rapport with all Teachers and Teacher Assistants and be open to communication and interactions.
Children and Parents: The Floater/Breaker should embody and exhibit servant leadership in all interactions with children and parents, seeking to serve, support, and reflect the love of Christ to and for them.
God equips every Christ-follower with spiritual gifts to serve and strengthen the body of Christ and to partner with Him in the advancement of His kingdom.
The following spiritual gifts are recommended for this role: Service, Wisdom, Knowledge and Discernment.
Commitment: Cherry Hills Christian School employees demonstrate a commitment to the CHC Mission and Vision. They also have the ability to meet attendance schedules with dependability and consistency.
Professional Excellence: Cherry Hills Christian School employees model professional excellence because they are qualified in their area of expertise, committed to continual improvement and intentionally engage others with an attitude of excellent customer service. The Floater/Breaker must have knowledge of basic developmental stages of children and the application of basic child-development principles and also have the flexiblity and openness to new ideas in Early Childhood practices and to receive feedback from his or her direct supervisor and/or Early Childhood Coach. The Floater/Breaker also should have the ability to be a team player who establishes respectful, professional and collaborative relationships with colleagues, administration and the general school and church communities. He or she should have basic computing skills and have effective verbal, written and listening skills.
Organizing: An individual who is skilled at organizing can marshal resources (people, funding, material or support) effectively and efficiently, orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal, and arrange information and resources in a useful manner.
Planning: An individual who is skilled at planning accurately scopes out length and difficulty of projects; sets objectives and goals; breaks down work into the process steps; develops schedules and task/people assignments; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks; measures performance against goals; and evaluates results.
- As a community with a shared statement of faith, an active, intentional and embodied Christian faith is essential.
- Ability to meet Colorado state requirements, including fingerprinting, criminal background checks, pre-service trainings, immunization and health requirements and any other requirements detailed on the State of Colorado Professional Development Online Information System.
- Current CPR/Basic First Aid certification or the ability to obtain within 30 days of hire
- Ability to work in an environment with a moderate-to-high level of noise
- Ability to demonstrate a full range of motion allowing for full participation in all activities. These physcial abilities include lifting up to 30 lbs, reaching, squatting, climbing, sitting and walking on uneven surfaces and terrain.
- At least 2 years of professional experience working with children
- Ability to complete at least 15 hours of continuing professional education annually and any other required training
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality in the performance of all duties
Join the CHC Team
To be considered for this position, please provide a resume, a cover letter that includes your personal statement of faith and details any experience you have with technology, and a copy of your transcripts if applicable.