The CHC Teacher is committed to honoring Christ by encouraging, working with and loving students in God’s truth. The Teacher ensures that the classroom work environment is Christian- based, nurturing, wholesome and loving.
Cherry Hills Christian School is committed to honoring Christ by teaching, encouraging, training and grounding students in God’s truth within a dynamic, academic environment. For Christ, Heart, Soul, Mind and Strength.
- Position Type: Full-time, exempt position
- Hours per Week: 40
- Supervisor: Director of Upper School
- Salary Range: $40,428 – $73,121/based on education and experience
- Benefits: Eligible Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(b), Paid Leave
- Start Date: August 2, 2021
Model a growing and vibrant relationship with Christ
- Pursue full devotion to Christ and live the life we are inviting others to live
- Manifest the fruit of the Spirit in work habits and relationships
- Pursue spiritual growth through community and daily devotions
- Embody other-centered, servant-leadership in all interactions
Demonstrate commitment to Cherry Hills Christian School
- Be an active, engaged member of the CHC school community.
- Attend and serve at school-wide, all-hands-on-deck events (Examples: Meet & Greet, Back to School Night, Open Houses, etc.)
- Accept and uphold CHC’s Teacher Essentials and Essentials of Faith
Efficiently Work With and Lead Alongside other Grade Level Teachers
- Provide classroom instruction in a traditional and/or remote learning environment in the Upper School
- Reflect the purpose of the school which is to honor Christ in every class and in every activity and integrate Biblical principles and perspectives throughout all curriculum
- Plan broadly alongside grade-level teams for the quarter and semester and incorporate a program of study that meets the individual needs, interests and abilities of students
- Utilize valid teaching techniques to achieve curriculum goals within the framework of the schools Mission
- Employ a variety of instructional tools, methods and materials that will provide for creative teaching to reach the whole child: spiritual, mental, physical, social and emotional
- Keep proper discipline in the classroom to maintain a positive learning environment
- Maintain regular and accurate attendance and grade records to meet the demands for a comprehensive knowledge of each student’s progress
- Understand and implement all building emergency procedures
Cultivate positive relationships with children and families
- Develop and maintain rapport with students and parents
- Represent Cherry Hills Christian in a favorable and professional manner at all times
- Assess the learning of students on a regular basis and provide progress reports as required
- Keep students, parents and the Director of Upper School adequately informed of progress or deficiencies and give sufficient notices of failure
- Ensure accurate and timely response to communication requests
- Respect professional ethics that require confidentiality concerning the sharing of information about children, parents or staff
- Pray for the children and families you serve
Other Administrative Leadership Responsibilities
- Knowledgeable of Cherry Hills Christian policies and procedures and assist with day to day operations
- Assist in overseeing the maintenance of a clean, safe environment for school operations
- Help staff, students and volunteers function efficiently and effectively
- Understand supervision and how to lead in a positive manner
Demonstrate a Commitment to Growth
- Provide input and constructive recommendations for administrative and managerial functions in the school
- Utilize educational opportunities and evaluation processes for professional growth
- Attend department and all-staff meetings
Model servant leadership and exhibit a helpful, joyful attitude
Perform other duties and tasks as assigned
Thriving and flourishing grade level team – Evidenced by achieving growth as as staff and through enrollment numbers
Highly engaged classroom – Measured through parent and student feedback
Well-executed logistics resulting in great experiences for teachers, students and parents – Evidenced by regular parent communication and confidence in grade-level standards
Effective child safety and security – 100% faculty and staff trained and 100% adherence to safety policies
Administrative responsibilities completed in a timely, accurate manner
Director of Upper School: The Upper School Teacher reports directly to the Director of Upper School. He/she will be expected to be coachable, available and responsive while striving for a healthy Christ-like relationship characterized by love, truth and unity. He/she learns from and is responsive to the Director of Upper School. The Upper School Teacher should comply in a godly and humble manner with all efforts from the Director of Upper School to evaluate, train, equip and develop him/her as a staff member.
Administrative Staff: The Upper School Teacher should collaborate with all other CHC Administrative Staff, serving as a resource and encouragement to them and partnering with them effectively to achieve maximum impact.
Teachers and Teacher Assistants: The Upper School Teacher should embody and exhibit servant leadership in all interactions with team members, envisioning, equipping, and empowering them to make the greatest impact possible for students and families.
Children and Parents: The Upper School Teacher should embody and exhibit servant leadership in all interactions with children and parents, seeking to serve, support, and reflect the love of Christ to and for them.
God equips every Christ-follower with spiritual gifts to serve and strengthen the body of Christ and to partner with Him in the advancement of His kingdom.
The following spiritual gifts are recommended for this role: Service, Wisdom, Knowledge and Discernment.
Commitment: Cherry Hills Christian School employees demonstrate a commitment to the CHC Mission and Vision.
Motivating Others: A person who is skilled at motivating others creates a climate in which people want to do their best; can motivate many kinds students and teammates; can assess each person’s strengths and weaknesses and use it to get the best out of him/her; empowers others; invites input from each person and shares ownership and visibility; makes each individual feel important; is someone people like working for and with.
Organizing: An individual who is skilled at organizing can marshal resources (people, funding, material or support) effectively and efficiently, orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal, and arrange information and resources in a useful manner.
Planning: An individual who is skilled at planning accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; sets objectives and goals; breaks down work into the process steps; develops schedules and task/people assignments; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks; measures performance against goals; and evaluates results.
Stakeholder Focus: Someone who is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external stakeholders; gets first-hand information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with stakeholders in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with stakeholders and gains their trust and respect.
- A growing and evident commitment to Jesus Christ and a Biblical lifestyle that exhibits conduct consistent with CHC’s Essentials of Faith and Teacher Essentials
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Holds a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Advanced degree preferred
- Current ACSI and/or State Teaching Certification in Education
- Willingness to pursue higher education and continue progress in career development
- Must have a flexible attitude with a servant’s heart
- Must pass a criminal background check
Join the CHC Team
To be considered for this position, please provide a resume, a cover letter that includes your personal statement of faith and details any experience you have with technology, and a copy of your transcripts if applicable.