The Teaching Assistant is committed to honoring Christ by preparing students to live fully for God in a rapidly changing world, knowing they are His masterpieces, uniquely designed for His purpose. The Teaching Assistant ensures that the classroom work environment is Christian-based, nurturing, wholesome and loving while assisting the teacher.
Cherry Hills Christian School awakens the educational experience by preparing students to live fully for God in a rapidly changing world knowing they are His masterpieces, uniquely designed for His purpose. Fully Known, Fully Loved, Fully His…Heart, Soul, Mind, Strength.
- Position Type: Part-time, non-exempt
- Hours: 15 per week
- Supervisor: Lower School Director
- Salary Range: $13:00 – $16.00 hr based on experience
- Start Date: August 9, 2021
Model a growing and vibrant relationship with Christ
- Pursue full devotion to Christ and live the life we are inviting others to live
- Manifest the fruit of the Spirit in work habits and relationships
- Pursue spiritual growth through community and daily devotions
- Embody other-centered, servant-leadership in all interactions
Demonstrate commitment to Cherry Hills Christian School
- Be an active, engaged member of the CHC school community.
- Attend and serve at schoolwide, all-hands-on-deck events (Example: Meet & Greet, Back to School Night and Open Houses)
- Accept and uphold the CHC’s Teacher Essentials and Essentials of Faith
Efficiently work with and lead alongside CHC Teachers
- Be available for teachers during assigned hours for classroom tasks, including small-group and one-on-one instruction
- Prepare class materials for an array of student uses
- Supervise lunch and recess
- Relieve the teacher briefly for conferences and planning sessions
- Understand and implement all building emergency procedures
Cultivate positive relationships with children and families
- Connect relationally and build rapport with children and parents
- Assist in caring for a child’s special needs, such as tying shoes, consoling, encouraging and administering minor first aid
- Represent Cherry Hills Christian School in a favorable and professional manner
- Pray for the children and families you serve
Other administrative leadership responsibilities
- Consistently demonstrates understanding of Cherry Hills Christian School’s policies and procedures to assist with daily operations
- Assists with overseeing the maintenance of a clean, safe environment for school operations
- Helps staff, students and volunteers function effectively and efficiently
- Assists with maintaining proper discipline in the classroom and on school premises to cultivate a positive academic environment
- Respects professional ethics requiring confidentiality concerning the sharing of information about children, parents, Faculty and Staff
- Understands supervision and how to lead in a positive manner
- Respects professional ethics that require confidentiality concerning the sharingModel Servant Leadership and Exhibit a Helpful, Joyful Attitude Perform Other Duties and Tasks as Assigned
- Administrative responsibilities completed in a timely, accurate manner
- Well-executed logistics resulting in great experiences for teachers, students and parents
- Effective child safety and security
- 100% faculty and staff trained and 100% adherence to safety policies
Director of The Lower School: The Lower School Teaching Assistant reports directly to the Director of Lower School. He/she will be expected to be coachable, available and responsive while striving for a healthy Christ-like relationship characterized by love, truth and unity. He/she learns from and is responsive to the Director of Lower School. The Lower School Teaching Assistant should comply in a godly and humble manner with all efforts from the Director of Lower School to evaluate, train, equip and develop him/her as a staff member.
Administrative Staff: The Lower School Teacher Assistant should collaborate with all other CHC Administrative Staff, serving as a resource and as an encouragement to them and partnering with them effectively to achieve maximum, positive impact.
Teachers and other Teacher Assistants: The Lower School Teacher Assistant should embody and exhibit servant leadership in all interactions with other team members, envisioning, equipping and empowering them to make the greatest positive impacts possible for students and families.
Children and Parents: The Lower School Teacher Assistant should embody and exhibit servant leadership in all interactions with students and parents, seeking to serve, support and reflect the love of Christ to and for them.
God equips every Christ-follower with spiritual gifts to serve and strengthen the body of Christ and to partner with Him in the advancement of His kingdom. The following spiritual gifts are recommended for this role: Service, Administration and Mercy
Motivating others: A person who is skilled at motivating others creates a climate in which people want to do their best; can motivate many kinds of direct reports and team or project members; can assess each person and leverage strengths, skills, gifts, talents and passions to get the best out of him/her; appropriately delegates tasks and decisions; empowers others; invites input from each person and shares ownership and visibility; makes each individual feel his/her work is important; is someone people like working for and with.
Organizing: An individual who is skilled at organizing can marshal resources (people, funding, material or support) effectively and efficiently, orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal, and arrange information and resources in a useful manner.
Stakeholder-focus: Someone who is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external stakeholders; gets first-hand information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with stakeholders in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with stakeholders and gains their trust and respect.
- A growing and evident commitment to Jesus Christ and a biblical lifestyle that exhibits conduct consistent with Cherry Hills Christian School’s Essentials of Faith
- High School diploma
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Must have a flexible attitude with a servant’s heart
- Clean criminal background check
Join the CHC Team
To be considered for this position, please provide a resume, a cover letter that includes your personal statement of faith and a copy of your college transcripts if applicable.
Please scan all documents and email to email@example.com. Please note that job candidates must pass all background/reference check requirements successfully.