The Receptionist is committed to honoring Christ by encouraging, working with and loving students in God’s truth. The Receptionist is the first point of contact for all parents, staff and children. As the face of Cherry Hills Christian, the school receptionist is always welcoming, personably, helpful, and able to represent the school in a professional and friendly manner. Cherry Hills Christian School is committed to honoring Christ by teaching, encouraging, training, and grounding students in God’s truth within a dynamic, academic environment. For Christ, Heart, Soul, Mind and Strength.
POSITION TYPE: Part time, Monday, Tuesday and every other Wednesday.
SALARY RANGE: $13.00 – $15.00
HOURS PER WEEK: 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.; the position follows the school calendar.
BENEFITS: Eligible for Paid Sick/Vacation Leave and 403(b)
SUPERVISOR: Academic Business Manager
Model a Growing and Vibrant Relationship with Christ
- Pursue full devotion to Christ and live the life we are inviting others to live
- Manifest the fruit of the Spirit in work habits and relationships
- Pursue spiritual growth through community and daily devotions
- Embody other-centered, servant-leadership in all interactions
Demonstrate Commitment to Cherry Hills Christian School
- Be an active, engaged member of the school community
- Attend and serve at school-wide, all-hands-on-deck events (Examples: Meet & Greet, Back to School Night, Open Houses, etc.)
- Accept and uphold CHC’s Teacher Essentials and Essentials of Faith
Efficiently Work with and Lead Alongside Other School Receptionists
- Answer phone calls in a pleasant, informed manner for the purpose of providing information and creating a good image of the school
- Manages telephone message systems, including office hours, inclement weather updates and other recorded messages
- Receives visitors at the front desk by greeting, welcoming, directing and announcing them appropriately
- Responds to inquiries with basic information about the school and provides directions as required
- Locates students needed for early pickup and retrieves them in a timely manner; directs students who enter the building after the start of the day to their classrooms
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing
- Able to honor confidential information
Cultivate Positive Relationships with Children and Families
- Connect relationally with children and families during drop-off and pick-up times
- Greet all incoming students, families and guests respectfully and professionally
- Maintains excellent communication with parents of children, providing opportunities for concerns to be shared and overseeing solutions
- Provides for children’s needs such as helping attend to students who are sick, hurt or need help; assist with routine problems and refer non-routine problems to a supervisor
- Pray for the children and families you serve
Other Administrative Responsibilities
- Is knowledgeable of Cherry Hills Christian policies and procedures and assists with day to day operations
- Assists in overseeing the maintenance of a clean, safe environment for school operations
Model Servant Leadership and Exhibit a Helpful, Joyful Attitude
Perform Other Duties and Tasks as Assigned
Administrative Responsibilities Completed in a Timely, Accurate Manner
Well-Executed Logistics Resulting in Great Experience for Teachers, Students and Parents
Effective Child Safety and Security: 100% faculty and staff trained and 100% adherence to safety policies
Academic Business Manager: The Receptionist reports directly to the Academic Business Manager. He/she will be expected to be coachable, available and responsive while striving for a healthy Christ-like relationship characterized by love, truth and unity. He/she learns from and is responsive to the Academic Business Manager. The Receptionist should comply in a godly and humble manner with all efforts from the Academic Business Manager to evaluate, train, equip and develop him/her as a staff member.
Administrative Staff: The Receptionist should collaborate with all other CHC Administrative Staff, serving as a resource and encouragement to them and partnering with them effectively to achieve maximum impact.
Teachers and TA’s: The Receptionist should embody and exhibit servant leadership in all interactions with team members, envisioning, equipping, and empowering them to make the greatest impact possible for students and families.
Children and Parents: The Receptionist should embody and exhibit servant leadership in all interactions with children and parents, seeking to serve, support, and reflect the love of Christ to and for them.
God equips every Christ-follower with spiritual gifts to serve and strengthen the body of Christ and to partner with Him in the advancement of His kingdom.
The following spiritual gifts are recommended for this role: Service, Administration and Mercy.
Motivating Others: A person who is skilled at motivating others creates a climate in which people want to do their best; can motivate many kinds of direct reports and team or project members; can assess each person’s hot button and use it to get the best out of him/her; pushes tasks and decisions down; empowers others; invites input from each person and shares ownership and visibility; makes each individual feel his/her work is important; is someone people like working for and with.
Organizing: An individual who is skilled at organizing can marshal resources (people, funding, material or support) effectively and efficiently, orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal, and arrange information and resources in a useful manner.
Stakeholder Focus: Someone who is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external stakeholders; gets first-hand information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with stakeholders in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with stakeholders and gains their trust and respect.
- A growing and evident commitment to Jesus Christ and a Biblical lifestyle that exhibits conduct consistent with CHC’s Essentials of Faith
- A minimum of two years of experience preferred
- Familiarity with databases and Microsoft Office required
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
Join the CHC Team
To be considered for this position, please provide a resume, a cover letter that includes your personal statement of faith and details any experience you have with technology, and a copy of your transcripts if applicable.