We are pleased to announce the launch of our new Legacy Builders giving program, which invites our CHC parents, friends, alumni and other donors to support and advance our mission and vision through giving that is aligned with their unique passions, interests and giftedness.
When you are a Legacy Builder of Cherry Hills Christian School, you serve God through the gift of giving resources and time in accordance with Romans 12:6-8: “We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your faith; if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach; if it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead, do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully.“
The Legacy Pillars of Impact
Our four Pillars of Impact give every Legacy Builder clarity, intentionality and focus. All four pillars can be seen in our Portrait of a Graduate. They are unique in their expression, yet stand in support of a single purpose. Legacy Builders receive information about new and existing projects, financial needs and connection opportunities where they can make positive impacts at CHC that reflect their own God-given giftedness and pursuits.
Alive Heart Pillar. The goal of this pillar is to help students grow in their identity in Christ as they accept the love of Jesus and seek to share his love with others. Legacy Builders here focus on Tuition Assistance, Mission Programs, Student Retreats, and Chapel and Bible Teaching. They might volunteer to be part of our Mission Week and Chapel programs.
- Increased number of mission-aligned families attending CHC because of increased funding of Tuition Assistance (please see CHC’s Long Range Strategic Plan for enrollment goals).
- Enhanced mission opportunities and more robust mission programs and partnerships. Increased funding for mission scholarships to increase student participation.
- Increased resources for Chapel and increased family engagement in the application of Chapel messages.
- Bible curriculum supporting biblical immersion and integration across curricular areas and school life.
- Provision of state-of-the-art facilities that foster spiritual growth and development.
Anchored Soul Pillar. The goal of this pillar is to help students gain confidence, discover their God-given gifts and talents and develop skills they need to serve God and seek His purpose for their life. Legacy Builders here focus on Academic Services , Athletics & Extracurricular Clubs and Special Events. They might scout sponsorships for CHC and identify volunteer coaching and programming opportunities for students.
- Increased opportunities for personalized learning to support students who need re-teaching and intervention — and for those students who need additional challenge.
- More competitive and recreational athletic opportunities for students to express their unique gifts and passions.
- Increased number of extracurricular clubs and summer programs and increased participation of students to promote personal development.
- Provision of state-of-the-art facilities allowing students to explore their gifts and passions.
Academically Prepared Mind Pillar. The goal of this pillar is to equip students for their next step as lifelong learners. Legacy Builders here focus on Curriculum, Technology and Instructional Resources. They might make donations of their financial resources and time and connect CHC students and their families to compelling and expert guest speakers, school field trips and travel opportunities.
- Student MAP growth.
- Consistent and thorough curriculum review cycle with updated and relevant curriculum.
- Continuously updated technology resources (1:1 iPads, classroom mini-macs, Apple TVs, etc.).
- Supplemental resources to increase student learning and engagement (science kits, manipulatives, STEAM, etc.)
- Provision of state-of-the-art facilities that awaken the educational experience and promote personalized learning and academic growth.
Abiding Strength Pillar. The goal of this pillar is to influence students to produce good fruit out of an abiding relationship with God. Legacy Builders here focus on Student Leadership, Life Groups, Mental Health and Social Emotional Learning Resources, and Campus Safety and Security. They might connect CHC with Student Leadership Mentors and help us advance our Parent University.
- L.E.O.S. training and resources.
- Updated Social Emotional Learning curriculum and implementation by Lower School and Upper School counselors.
- Growth in a positive, kind and encouraging school culture with evidence of the fruits of the spirit (ROAR behavior program).
- Provision of state-of-the-art facilities that promote a healthy and safe learning environment and fosters meaningful relationships.