The PreK Teaching Assistant is committed to honoring Christ by preparing students to live fully for God in a rapidly changing world, knowing they are His masterpieces, uniquely designed for His purpose. The Teaching Assistant ensures that the classroom work environment is Christian-based, nurturing, wholesome and loving while assisting the teacher.
Cherry Hills Christian School awakens the educational experience by preparing students to live fully for God in a rapidly changing world knowing they are His masterpieces, uniquely designed for His purpose. Fully Known, Fully Loved, Fully His…Heart, Soul, Mind, Strength.
- Position Type: Part-time, August through May, working Tuesday and Thursday. This position is a PreK T.A. Tuesdays are 7:45 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. and Thursdays are 7:45 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. There are opportunities to sub on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Additional and summer hours may be available and determined by program needs.
- Hours Per Week: 10.75
- Supervisor: Director of Preschool
- Pay Range: $13.00 – $15.00 hr based on education and experience. 50% tuition discount for Preschool-aged students.
Model a growing and vibrant relationship with Christ
- Pursue full devotion to Christ and live the life we are inviting others to live
- Manifest the fruit of the Spirit in work habits and relationships
- Pursue spiritual growth through community and daily devotions
- Embody other-centered, servant-leadership in all interactions
Demonstrate commitment to Cherry Hills Christian School
- Be an active, engaged member of the school community
- Attend and serve at school-wide, all-hands-on-deck events (Examples: Meet & Greet, Friday Night Family Event, Playground Picnics, etc.)
- Accept and uphold CHC’s Preschool Teacher Essentials and Essentials of Faith
Efficiently Work With and Lead Alongside Age Level Teachers
- Assist the teacher in preparing the learning environment and implementing daily lesson plans
- Assist the teacher in implementing positive, age-appropriate classroom management and discipline procedures
- Along with the teacher, facilitate small group learning experiences for the children, assisting the teacher in assessing children’s ongoing growth/progress as needed
- Attend all staff meetings, staff in-services and special events as required by the Director
- Understand and implement all building emergency procedures and state regulations regarding the care and education of young children
Cultivate positive relationships with children and families
- Connect relationally with children and parents, establishing and nurturing positive relationships
- Assist in caring for a child’s special needs, such as tying shoes, consoling, encouraging and administering minor first aid
- Represent Cherry Hills Christian in a favorable and professional manner
- Pray for the children and families you serve
Other Administrative Leadership Responsibilities
- Is knowledgeable about Cherry Hills Christian policies and procedures and assists with day-to-day operations
- Assists in overseeing the maintenance of a clean, safe environment for school operations
- Help maintain preschool/school-age care rooms and spaces and work with Cherry Hills Community Church ministries as it relates to shared spaces.
- Helps staff, students and volunteers function efficiently and effectively
- Understands supervision and how to lead in a positive manner
- Assists in keeping proper discipline in the classroom and on the school premises to cultivate a positive academic environment
- Respects professional ethics that require confidentiality concerning the sharing of information about children, parents or staff
- Perform other related, similar or logical duties as required or assigned.
Model servant leadership and exhibit a helpful, joyful attitude
Administrative and teaching responsibilities completed in a timely, accurate manner
Well-executed logistics resulting in great experiences for teachers, students and parents
Effective child safety and security – 100% faculty and staff trained and 100% adherence to safety policies
Director of Preschool: The Preschool Teaching Assistant reports directly to the Director of Preschool. He/she will be expected to be coachable, available and responsive while striving for a healthy Christ-like relationship characterized by love, truth and unity. He/she learns from and is responsive to the Director of Preschool. The Preschool Teaching Assistant should comply in a godly and humble manner with all efforts from the Director of Preschool to evaluate, train, equip and develop him/her as a staff member.
Administrative Staff: The Preschool Teaching Assistant should collaborate with all other CHC Administrative Staff, serving as a resource and encouragement to them and partnering with them effectively to achieve maximum impact.
Teachers and other TA’s: The Preschool Teaching Assistant should embody and exhibit servant leadership in all interactions with team members, envisioning, equipping, and empowering them to make the greatest impact possible for students and families.
Children and Parents: The Preschool Teaching Assistant should embody and exhibit servant leadership in all interactions with children and parents, seeking to serve, support, and reflect the love of Christ to and for them.
God equips every Christ-follower with spiritual gifts to serve and strengthen the body of Christ and to partner with Him in the advancement of His kingdom.
The following spiritual gifts are recommended for this role: Service, Administration and Mercy.
Motivating Others: A person who is skilled at motivating others creates a climate in which people want to do their best; can motivate many kinds of direct reports and team or project members; can assess each person’s hot button and use it to get the best out of him/her; pushes tasks and decisions down; empowers others; invites input from each person and shares ownership and visibility; makes each individual feel his/her work is important; is someone people like working for and with.
Organizing: An individual who is skilled at organizing can marshal resources (people, funding, material or support) effectively and efficiently, orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal, and arrange information and resources in a useful manner.
Stakeholder Focus: Someone who is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external stakeholders; gets first-hand information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with stakeholders in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with stakeholders and gains their trust and respect.
- A growing and evident commitment to Jesus Christ and a Biblical lifestyle that exhibits conduct consistent with CHC’s Essentials of Faith
- Ability to meet state requirements including: fingerprinting, background checks, pre-service trainings, immunization and health requirements as well as fulfilling the requirements outlined on the State of Colorado Professional Development Information System.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or willingness to take Early Childhood Classes required by the Department of Early Childhood Education: ECE 101 and ECE 102 or 103.
- 2+ years of experience working with children
- Current CPR/Basic First Aid card or the ability to obtain one within 30 days of hire.
- Maintain requirements for 15 hours of continuing education each year as well as other required trainings.
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Must have a flexible attitude with a servant’s heart
Join the CHC Team
To be considered for this position, please provide a resume, a cover letter that includes your personal statement of faith and details any experience you have with technology, and a copy of your transcripts if applicable.
Please scan all documents, including the application for employment, and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that job candidates must pass all background/reference check requirements successfully.