Everything that enters the mind influences how we think and act. Don’t let garbage enter your mind.
A guiding Bible verse
“Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable — if anything is excellent or praiseworthy — think of such things.” (Philippians 4:8)
Technology supplies with which a student is entrusted
• (1) iPad
• (1) 10w Apple USB Charge Brick
• (1) Apple USB to Lightning charge/sync cable
Please note: All items are to be returned to CHC with normal wear at the end of the school year.
Each student also will be provided a 3×5 card with this information:
• iPad 4-digit unlock passcode
• CHC/Canvas login and password (this information is needed for Parent account Canvas setup)
• Apple ID login and password
Please note: Our goal is to have an iPad ready the day a student starts, but that is not always possible. All students will need an approved iPad case before they are permitted to pick up and take home their iPad. Please see the school supply list for approved iPad cases and keyboards.
General iPad use
- I will honor Jesus Christ with my use of the iPad.
- I will do my best to take care of my iPad. I will be as careful as possible not to break or damage it.
- I understand that my CHC-issued iPad is fully monitored.
- During school hours, I will use only the apps my teacher directs me to use at the times I am directed to use them.
- I understand that when I have forgotten or broken my iPad, I may use a CHC-issued loner iPad for a fee of $5/day.
- I understand that a broken iPad will cost me a minimum charge of $100 for the first incident and that for all other incidents, I will be reponsible for the full costs of repair and replacement.
Internet and Canvas use
- I will not share personal information about myself or others, including home address, age, telephone number and birthdate.
- I will not use bad language, acronyms, abbreviations, memes or emojis.
- I will not have online conversations or create posts that would be inappropriate in the classroom.
- I will not threaten, insult, gossip, tease or be mean to others.
- I will be respectful of other people’s feelings and ideas.
- If I see something that would be inappropriate to share in the classroom or makes me feel uncomfortable, I will alert an adult immediately and submit my iPad to them.
- I will not share my login information with anyone or allow anyone to use my account because I know I will be held responsible for anything they do using my account.
- I will try to use correct grammar and spelling.