Susan GarretsonAcademic Services Coordinator
Since 2000, Susan actively has served the CHC community -- as a parent of three students; a classroom teacher; and as a Learning Specialist working with students individually or in small groups to target areas needing strengthening for their continued academic growth.
Cherry Hills Christian School's commitment to helping all students learn is extraordinary and bolstered by an array of Academic Services. As Coordinator of this specialized department, Susan:
- facilitates CHC’s Response to Intervention Process for students in Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 8.
- plans, communicates, and supports implementation of accommodations for students identified with learning or health challenges in the classroom.
- works closely with other staff who provide intervention services for CHC students.
- collaborates with teachers and parents to foster understanding of a student's unique strengths and areas of challenge.
- leads transition meetings for students rising to the next grade level.
- reviews pre-enrollment documents for students who may have unique learning challenges and may need additional academic services.
- assists with early intervention assessments in Kindergarten and for enrollment purposes.
Susan has a master's degree in Curriculum and Instruction and additional graduate experience, completing three levels of training through The National Institute for Learning Development (NILD). Her favorite Bible verse is Jeremiah 29:11.
- Email Address: email@example.com