It is our honor, joy and specific calling to guide God’s children and to ignite in them passions for learning, for service to others, and for striving for excellence in all of their God-honoring pursuits.
CHC works in partnership with our students’ parents to build a child’s conscience, confidence and competence by helping them learn how to demonstrate love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Professional development for our Faculty and Staff includes training in strategies to help students in all grades and across all subjects see life and learning through a biblical worldview. Dedicated directors of spiritual life for The Lower School and The Upper School help ensure the integration of academics and spiritual formation, answer students’ questions, and help God’s word come alive throughout our campus.
Through study of the authoritative and historically accurate biblical text, our students graduate confident that they are each a divine masterpiece, created for relationship with the triune God—through faith in Jesus Christ, empowered by the Holy Spirit with the purpose of glorifying God. By examining scripture and their own lives, our students learn that God pursues all people, and they are challenged to develop practices of connecting with Him and serving others.
- Kindergartners focus on an overview of the Bible, starting in Genesis and ending in Revelation. Age-appropriate lessons help them begin to build their relationship with Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.
- Students in Grades 1-3 use biblical truths to explore the entire scriptural narrative of Creation, The Fall, Redemption and Restoration.
- Students in Grades 4-5 focus on deepening their foundation of biblical knowledge as they explore their identity in Christ and their understanding of prayer, reflection, servanthood and outreach. Through mission experiences, these students also learn to represent Christ’s love by helping and serving others.
- Students in Grade 6 journey through the Old Testament, focusing on the lives of these heroes of the faith by analyzing their strengths and weakness, while exploring how God pursues a relationship with them though they are flawed.
- Students in Grade 7 focus on the life of Jesus through the lens of the four apostles. Our desire is we may see how Jesus is who He claimed to be: The Son of God who came to seek and save the lost.
- Students in Grade 8 travel through the book of Romans all the way to Revelation, tracing the movement of the church through the power of the Holy Spirit, from Jerusalem to Rome and beyond.
Portrait of a CHC Graduate
CHC graduates exemplify that God created every child as His divine masterpiece -- capable as learners and uniquely designed and gifted for His purpose.
Students in The Lower and Upper Schools meet weekly for Chapel. This is an essential time for presenting the Gospel of Christ and biblical instruction about life and Christian identity. Students often serve as members of the CHC Praise Band and CHC Choir and assist with teaching.
These single-sex groups, led by an Upper School faculty member, meet weekly so students can connect directly to support each other, foster a closer relationship with a teacher and discuss in a safe place various life lessons. Life Group discussions are guided by CHC-developed resources and cover topics raised in Chapel and deemed of interest to the group’s members.
Mission Trips & Outreach
We express our gratitude and faithfulness to God through service to others. Each year, CHC students fan out into more than 20 locations in metro Denver to provide support for our ministry and community partners. Our students also make extended missions trips to other states and countries.
Our Statement of Faith
The essentials of our faith comprise our core beliefs. We invite you to read them.